Twitter is a service that allows users to send messages to each other using either their computer or their phone. Users are also able to update their personal profiles with a picture and a quick sentence about what he/she is doing at the moment. Twitter also enables users to follow and be followed by other users allowing them to see any of their updates or "tweets" as I like to call them. Programs such as Adobe AIR have downloadable Twitter clients that allow for users to have an update box on their desktop at all times. I didn't end up using twitter on my phone because I wouldn't have been able to pay for all of the texts. Since I was following people like Barack Obama, there were far too many updates going on. I also found it funny that a few of the conversations I was having on Twitter carried over to face to face conversations. One of my friends had some questions about web pages so I went up to his room to help him out. Overall, I wasn't a huge fan of Twitter. After a while it got annoying to see all of the updates people were making and since any user has the ability to follow someone, my updates were not as private as I would have liked. My advice, stick to texting on just hop on AIM. Later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment